VISCOM IN GD / Assignment Progress / Term 3, Week 10-11


Week 10:

This week we laid out all the progress that we had so far on the infographic.

Research, mindmap, brainstorm
Collage and early moodboards
Early sketches
Custom type trial
Color analysis & typeface choice
Moodboards (on 3 different concepts) & Sketches

I played around with the layout of infographic and how the title is being laid out on the poster. I also switched from portrait to landscape orientation – the space & laying out looks a lot better and more info can be included in the poster.



Week 11:

Progress & Tiled A2 poster

I was suggested to change the color of the title to grey-red instead of black-red, because it grabs too much attention & competes with the black streaks on the yellow lines. I think I’d also change the yellow line to the ones with “CAUTION / DO NOT CROSS” written on it because some do not get the meaning / purpose of it being there.

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.52.09 PM.png

I changed the title of the infographic to better match the content of it, because the previous title felt too general and doesn’t really reflect anything on the content of the infographic & how it is being presented. I also stylised some of the lines so it looks more interesting. After tiling it on A2, I could see some text sizes are too small. I ended up evening out the sizes of all texts (despite the scale of the vector icons beside them).

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 7.56.08 PM.png
Still working on this one.




Tile-printed them in color. The yellow lines without black streak looks a lot cleaner & neater.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s