For the final project, I decided to do a campaign on simple exercises for people who don’t do sports. Many of us neglect doing physical activity due to tiredness from work and school, stress, or simply finding many sources of entertainment that are less exerting. Little do people know, that doing exercises and sports regularly can help stress, maintaining youthful look and many other benefits. This campaign aims to bring awareness of doing simple, non-costly exercises to people.
“Exercises for people who don’t do much physical activity.”
What kind of people?
- Adults (economically active population) (PRIMARY AUDIENCE)
- Young adults (SECONDARY AUDIENCE)
- Busy & tired with work
- Middle- higher economy class
- Urban lifestyle
Why don’t they do much physical activity? (Problem)
- Too busy and from work
- Won’t afford gym membership / sport facility & equipment
- Find entertainment in other ways
- They don’t see exercising important enough to be a part of their lifestyle
- Would rather spend time relaxing after a long day
What are the problems of not doing exercising?
- Tight muscles
- Feeling down and unmotivated
- Poor stamina & endurance
- Risk of getting earlier old-aged sickness
What kind of exercises can be done?
- Taking stairs instead of elevator
- Jogging while walking your pet
- Walking for a long distance
- Don’t do it after a tiring day, start your day with a morning run!
- Stretching & basic crunches (sit up, push up)
- Casual dancing
- Cycling to work / school (when possible)
- Yoga tutorials on Youtube
- Anything to break some sweat!
What are the benefits to these exercises?
- Reduces stress level
- Increases dopamine in the brain, which would as a result increase productivity and happiness
- Decrease dependency on painkilling drugs and anti-depressant
- Sweating moisturizes skin and prevents it from drying out
- Exercising regularly helps maintain a youthful look
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Exercising can be an outlet to relieve stress and anger
Which/What kind of adults are we targeting? (Demographics)
- Adults of age 21-35 (primary)
- Young adult of age 15-20 (secondary)
- Economically active population
- Middle – higher economy class
- Single household
- Lives in urban cities (Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Medan)
- Urban lifestyle
What are the psychographic characteristics of these adults?
- Tired, worn out
- Do not care about their physical health / staying fit
- Wants to keep up with the trend / “Kekinian”
What are the behavior of these adults?
- Go to office/work
- Actively dating / seeking for love interests (Single household)
- Sexually active (Single household)
- Working at home
- Hang out with colleagues
- Going to school
- Hang out with friends
- Staying up late for homework
- Surfing the internet for hours
- Playing mobile games
How to get them to do these exercises? (Solution)
- Introduce exercising as an effortless activity that can be slipped in during the day.
- Emphasize on the benefits of exercising daily and regularly, no matter how little, in both short and long term.
Sales & Competition
Gym advertisement campaign – ‘The club for busy people’
They’re showing audience how they can be busy, doing their daily activities and still work out at the same time.
A sort of feminist sports campaign – they’re encouraging women to do sports more by giving a direct visual of them doing the act, with an “inspiring” quote on it.